Small Claims Division
The Small Claims Court is a special court where disputes are resolved inexpensively and quickly. Small Claims cases are for damages of $10,000 or less. Small Claims is affordable and fast, with simple and informal rules. Attorneys are not allowed.
Start A Small Claims Case
- Read Information for the Small Claims Plaintiff Form SC-100-INFO
- Fill out Plaintiff’s Claims and Order to Go To Small Claims Court Form SC-100
- You can also get Form SC-100 from the Court in Watsonville, the Self Help Center or the Santa Cruz County Law Library (for a small fee)
- File your papers at the Watsonville Court. All Small Claims cases in Santa Cruz County are filed and heard at the Watsonville Courthouse.
- If you have additional questions please call the Small Claims Advisor at (831) 786-7370
- More information about fees and filing can be found by reading local form SUPSC 001, Smal Claims Filing Information.
The video Resolving Your Small Claims Case in the California Courts is now available at the AOC website www.courts.ca.gov/20129.htm